We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This Policy is to explain more to you about how we handle your personal data.
We will use your details to give you updates about ACE events, and/or how you can get involved. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the appropriate link in the footer of emails you receive from us.
We will treat your information with respect and will not share your details with other organisations. We use Mailchimp as our CRM tool and details submitted will be transferred to Mailchimp for secure processing. For more information see Mailchimp’s privacy practices. By submitting your email address you agree that we may process your information in accordance with these terms.
What if there is a change of purpose?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
How long will we hold your data?
We will retain your data safely and securely, so we can ensure you receive the service you have requested from us.
Providing your personal details to others
We will not disclose your personal data to a third party without your consent.
What rights you have over your data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us using the form here.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing, and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact us. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, maps, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
__utma determines unique visitors
__utmb determines page views
__utmc determines session status
__utmz determines how the visitor reached our site
__utmv custom cookies not usually in use
__utmx custom cookies not usually in use
Read More on Google Analytics Cookies
For information on how to manage your cookie settings please follow the link for your browser:
For other browsers and mobile devices we recommend you use a search engine and enter “how to change cookie settings in [browser/device name]”.